Thursday, August 26, 2010
Eight months have passed since 2010 knocked on our doorstep. I have promised myself that I should have an annual To-Do List but unfortunately for 2010, it came later than expected.
Since I have a few months (4 months to be exact) before I kiss 2010 goodbye, I’d like to make a LIST of a few things that I have to achieve within the year. It should be something that is new, exciting and a daredevil stunt for me since im up for challenges these days.
Here’s a few of my To-Do List for the remaining 4 months of 2010
- Must visit Villa de Mercedes (VDM) and Emar’s Wave Pool for total R n’ R
- Must try crazy, wild ZORBING at Zorb Park at Riverfront Corporate City
- Commit to a healthier lifestyle (Fruits, Veggies, Vitamins and Exercise)
- Organize some get together parties or meet-ups with Buddies
- Get my hair done (Hair Treatments in a major, major way)
- Wild Water Rafting c/o The Davao Wildwater Adventure
- Paintball at RECALL Paintball Davao- Matina Townsquare
- Invade and Discover new Restos and food shops
- Try acupressure or if bolder, acupuncture
- Try SAUNA or Jacuzzi the Davao way!
- Marco Polo Buffet (Must Dig in!)
- More Quality Time with La Familia
- Learn new hobbies / skills
- Playtime with Riel
- Do things for a CAUSE / Reconnect with TiES
- To visit (for the nth time) my dearest Queen City of the South, Cebu (Seyboooo, Baby!)
- Discover new places in Cebu and Bohol (Places that I haven’t been to so far)
- Be more attentive during School discussions and to invest in my STUDY TIME
- Get hold of another Forever 21 Items to add to my F21 Fever Collection
- Get a pair of SUELAS Ballet Flats by hook or by crook!
- New Bling-Blings (Chandelier Earrings and more)
- Go Kart in Cebu with the Apas Babes
- Go Island Hopping, the Visayas style
- Whale/Dolphin watching
- SAVE, SAVE and SAVE some more!
- My 2010 has just gotten more interesting.
- New Challenging Work
- Manila Workshop which meant Strolling in the Metro
- Chelsea in Serendra (Exceptional Food!)
- SINGAPORE Adventure with Buddies
- Merlion, SENTOSA, Singapore ZOO, Orchard Road, Clark Quay Strolling, Hot cars and more Singapore Sights - Highs
- Universal Studio Singapore and Singapore Airport Incident - Lows
- Kayak Lesson Part 2 c/o Hayahay, IGACOS
- Ninang Mode times two (Kitty Kat and Lot2)
- Cagayan de Oro (CDO) Trip
- Mallberry Suites
- April - Bday Surprise Bash – Cakes and Balloons from Itchy Feet Group
- Flower Lady Mode at Tin and Otep’s Wedding
- Dancing Mode (our surprise gift to the Couple)
- New Beach Trip – Tagbaobo at IGACOS with ONB Buddies
- Manila – Baguio Trip (Amazing Race way!) – Sweet Escape
- More Dinner out with La Familia
- Pig out nights and Movie Dates
- Tanton for Quick Fixes
- More Night outs and Escapades with Buddies
Looking forward to the 34th Milo Marathon and Mati Trip over the weekend!
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Seeing that we needed a bit of a shorter Vacation, we decided to avail of promo tickets on a different travel dates instead. So from exotic Palawan, we set our sights in conquering the higlands of the City of Pines.
July 15, we arrived in Manila on the last flight of Ceb Pac and headed off to Victory Liners where we purchased our De Luxe tickets for our 1.15am schedule for Baguio. The bus had reclining seats (which was super comfortable) and after settling in and taking some souvenir snaps, we dozzed off easily. The next thing we knew, we had a quick stop at Tarlac and it was around 5.00 in the morning when I knew we were fast approaching the city of Pines. The view was amazing and there's no denying that excitement crept in! It was such a sight to behold!
What was good about our trip is that we had a designated tour guide and so, it was more convenient. It was a fun-filled yet tiring experience since we only got the whole day to see Baguio in an Amazing-Race kinda way. We took hundreds of Photos and in all different angles to keep track of our Adventures. Seeing and experiencing Baguio in a Day proved to be a challenge to us. It was another accomplishment to add to our List of Travels and Adventures, our so called "Brag List".
At around 6pm, we decided to head back to the Bus Station to catch the 1.15am trip back to Manila. We wasted no time to check out SM Baguio which by the way was on a super SALE mode that weekend. We did enjoy our window-shopping and people-watching activties the Baguio way! We immersed ourselves the Baguio way!
July 17, (Saturday) was spent at Greenhills for some thrift shopping. I am convinced that our haggling skills were truly impressive once the "S" word come into discussion. We've proven that we love to haggle and adore bargains.
MOA posted another challenge since goodies/items were literally on SALE. Talk about freebies! We shopped til' we dropped!We were determined to scout great finds and so none of us came home empty handed.
We went back to the hotel at around 10.30PM. Sadly, no night life for us since it was drizzling in the metro. Boohooo!
July 18- Sunday morning was spent (again) at MOA for our last minute shopping spree. We had to impose a strict observance of our timetable since our flight back to Davao was around 2PM. At 12 noon, it was our resolution that we have to head back to the hotel to get our luggages and proceed to NAIA Terminal 3.
4PM - finally, we are Home, sweet Home!