About Me

My photo
Philippines
it's good to be here. it's good to feel the burst and zest of living! it feels like i am in total bliss!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

In the mood for Caribbean

















One hot Caribbean Friday night @ Waterfront Insular

Thanks to EGG for the invite! Our Friday night was another ohhhh-so fabulous affair. It was the Recognition night of the hotel's loyal clients and we've got passes to the event. The theme for the night was Caribbean. It was mentioned beforehand that there was a dresscode but we totally ignored that rule. We love to be a bit different!


We (EGG, CJPP and LGG) headed off to our dinner at Waterfront.When we got there, we were a bit worried because the people who showed up for the event went all-out Caribbean on us. It's all too late to change wardrobes so there's no way to back out now. As we approached the tent, the place was beaming with bright lights and some jazzy music. There really was the Caribbean glow all over the place.We were greeted with our "a little edgier blue welcome drinks" and the famous calachuchi and then headed off to scout for our table. People started coming in and I got all excited.
A few minutes more, the program started. It continued for about 20 minutes before another infamous incident ocurred. Somebody stepped on the wires that was connected to the powersource leaving the program to be interrupted not once, but thrice! Thrice! During the AVP, famous and influential people gave testimonials about the hotel's world class service. True enough, the hotel has been one of the famous landmarks of the city of Davao and has been in the business for quite some time now. The hotel has even reaped numerous awards for its being a world class hotel and unparalleled hotel service so it was just the opportune time to celebrate!
It was about 7.15pm when they announced that dinner is now available. Yes! I have been long preparing myself for this moment. LGG and i went to the sweets table, hopped on to the pseudo-chinese table. I ate a bit then decided to check out the japanese section's table. I was not up for sushi and tempura, so i had to say NO..
I ate some more while chit-chatting with the group. LGG and i striked back! We decided check out the Dishes. I sampled their breads, curry, beef, fish and a lot more. I savored every flavor of the food. My caribbean romance was a bit short but sweet. We headed home and Iwas running late for a scheduled movie date with my groupies. The movie's screening time was 8.30pm so EGG and CJPP dropped me off at Ncccmall. I was reserved a ticket so there i was...Batman battled the Joker in Gotham city.. The Dark Night was really "THE BATMAN" movie! It was just so exhilirating to watch and truly, a brilliant masterpiece (me drooling over ChristianBale)!
Caribbean Dinner @ Waterfront and a movie date with my groupies, that's definitely a TGIF! Saturday is another story..Saturated Day!

No comments: