About Me

My photo
Philippines
it's good to be here. it's good to feel the burst and zest of living! it feels like i am in total bliss!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sunburn days are here to stay






It was the last weekend of May and Ohhhh-Boy, I made sure my Summer 2008 would not just go wasted! A couple of groupies of mine went to the sleepy town of Santa Maria to experience the last kiss of summer. It was almost dusk when we finally got to the resort and I was just in awe of the spectacular view dawned to me. We had a rushed photo ops, poses here and there and had to leave the resort to buy some stuff for dinner. The buying of ingredients (for dinner) was quick but the preparation was tedious and long. Famished to the nth degree..


Patience is a virtue, they say but the dinner was surely worth all the wait! We had all sorts of putahe ng kambing.. We even had hot soup ala hinalang and ala sisig type na kilawin. It was such a bliss! The sea was calm, the air was a welcoming treat and not to mention the billions stars that glided in the night sky.

The sea was calling me and I had no right to refuse! Since it was awfully dark, we decided to make the most of our resources. We had the car’s headlight directed to the part where we went swimming.. Since, I’m no expert in swimming, we brought along our “mini salbabida” . The water temp was just right! It rained a little but it added to the thrill and excitement. We played “patintero” and it was so freakingly hilarious! We all giggled and even made some daring exhibition moves just so we would never get tagged by the opponent.

We decided to head back to the room at around 1 in the morning. There, we took funny videos of some of us singing and mimicking famous dance steps. We enjoyed sharing stories and jokes. A little booze also helped! It was around 3 am that I dragged myself to the room. I found a little bit of space and I was contented to call it a night. I am a light sleeper so when some of my groupies decided to take videos of us sleeping soundly, I buried my face on the blanket. They took funny videos of us and even called out our names.

There was a commotion outside our room and a few of us were still dozing off. Some of the groupies decided to buy breakfast and go coconut hunting aka mamutong. Since, I was already up (7.30am) cha and I were certain to go for a swim. We changed to our beach clothes and brought along our goggles. We have all that we needed except one little thing, we forgot to apply sunblock. Yikes! We rented a bangka to we can explore the place. Cha was busy snorkeling (Thanks to the mahiwagang salbadida) while I, on the other hand, was busy hanging on to my dear life (while trying to take a good grip of the bangka’s katig, as they call it). I tried to find the most comfortable position any man could imagine but to no avail. My body went numb and I signaled one of our groupie to help me get back to the boat (Bangka). Since, im useless on and under the sea, I tried to master a new skill, paddling. I paddled back and forth but what's the point in paddling when you've got poor direction skills.. Just too bad for me! After much paddling activity, we decided to head back to the shore and vwallaaaaaa an instant buko salad was ours for the taking! Just in time to hydrate and to cool ourselves...

After the much needed buko break slash photo ops, we were up for another Patintero challenge. The heat of the sun piercing our much pampered skin was another story. After almost 30 minutes of a cancer(ful) patintero play, the winner was determined.. Im a sore loser! If it was not for the sun, draining much of my energy, we could have battled it out. Well, the fact that we played hard and gave it our best made us equal winners! EXCUSES! Island hopping is next on the itinerary. We rented a motorized boat and went swimming on a secluded island. I took long strolls by the beach.. I did my best to stay afloat and tried swimming.. The word is tried though I haven’t succeeded. More photo ops.. More fun and double the laughter!

Then it came, as swift as the santa maria winds, it was time to leave the resort. Sad but for now, it will be one of the fondest Summer 2008 memories I would ever have. Ciao Santa Maria.. to the sand, to the sea and starfish!

My much dreaded sunburn days are here to stay… Got burned all over and the best thing is I had FUN!

No comments: