About Me

My photo
Philippines
it's good to be here. it's good to feel the burst and zest of living! it feels like i am in total bliss!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Book Worm

I never knew that reading books (if I may say, E-books) would be this fun! Even when I was younger, I made it a point to borrow books from our school library. Bedtime stories or fairy tales were not so engaging to me. I have always been fascinated with the world of the unknown – books that tackled science, mystery, magic, supernatural and the unknown. Something exciting!

I rekindled my enthusiasm for books, three years ago. After long scheduled breaks from work, I found myself curling up my bed with almost nothing to do. And so, I decided to end my unexciting Rest days by reading exciting books. I borrowed books from a friend and was acquainted with Paolo Coelho, Anne Rice, Dan Brown and Nicholas Sparks. I also got to read Anne Rice’s Beauty’s Punishment and got my very own The Queen of the damned book by Anne Rice (because of my fascination with the vampire Lestat and all the vamps in general). Aside from that, I bought my very first Dan Brown book - Angels and Demons.

This year, I started reading Twilight series (during the month July) and was hooked on the novels Stephenie Meyer had wonderfully crafted. I finished all her four books in a month’s time. It was so addicting and I could care less about the sleep that I got. Sleep deprived or not, I can hardly contain my excitement as I read the book from one page to another. The movie was an added treat!

After my Twilight series experience, I searched the internet for more vampire storylines similar with Twilight. And so, I came up with a list aka my very own Twilight Readalikes List. I finished reading the vampire novels made by Melissa dela Cruz. The first book entitled “blue blood”, the second is “Masquerade” and the final installment “Revelation”. A refreshing story to read and very likeable characters to start with. It caught my attention and finished reading all three books in two days. It’s a love story that is addictive. Torn between whom to choose -- between a forbidden blue blood vamp love with Jack Force or be with his all time loyal human best friend and “conduit”. It does not only have vamps in it but angels as well.


Right now, I am reading Vampire diaries. I will try to read the whole series over the holiday break. Hopefully!

No comments: